Broomfield, Colorado ∙ firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager, Cloud Operations, January 2015 - Present. Oracle
Production Infrastructure Architect, January 2014 - January 2015. Oracle
- Planned and executed project to migrate production service to larger datacenter.
- Built new Site Reliability Engineering team to support growth of mobile marketing cloud.
- Plan and execute operational integration strategy with other Oracle properties.
DevOps Engineer, August 2009 - January 2014. Oracle/Push IO
- Worked with legal teams to support the M&A due diligence process.
- Managed service delivery infrastructure and internal IT support.
- Built continuous deployment system using a Jenkins based workflow.
- Supported multiple SQL and NoSQL production databases.
- Converted existing ruby and shell scripts to a puppet based configuration.
- Created tools to manage cloud servers across 4 datacenters.
- Designed architecture to support multi datacenter redundancy.
Founder/Principal Consultant, December 2008 - December 2013. Faction Consulting
- Worked with web agencies to support hosting infrastructure.
- Managed hosting for blogs with 10 million uniques per month.
- Linux system administration.
Overnight Ops Tech, May 2006 - December 2008. Golden West Telecommunications
- Customer support for phone, TV, and Internet.
- NOC alert monitoring of data centers and outside plant facilities.
- Coordinating with outside plant, central office, and network partners during service issues.
Internet Technician II, August 2005 - April 2006. Golden West Telecommunications
- Provided tech support for home and business end user customers.
- Provided co-branded Internet support for hotels and other businesses.
- Worked with customers and telco dispatch to escalate unresolved issues.
Founder/Technician, May 2003 - July 2005. Helwig Technologies
- Developed inventory website for car dealership using PHP/MySQL.
- Provided field support for IBM hardware to USDA regional offices.
- Deployed and managed Windows domains and Exchange servers.
- Home and business Windows desktop IT support.
- Configuration Management (Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Hosting on IaaS platforms (Amazon EC2, Openstack, Windows Azure)
- MVC web application frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Django, Play)
- Metrics and log capture (Statsd, Graphite, Logstash, ElasticSearch)
- NoSQL Database Operations (Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, Redis)
- Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Virtualization / Containerization (VMware, Xen, LXC, Docker)
- Puppet Certified Professional (2014)
- Puppet Certified Professional (2012 Early Adopter Program)
- CompTIA A+ (2003)